What is AVG Internet Security?
AVG Internet Security is one of the top-rated antivirus that gives you advanced protection against viruses, ransomware and other threats with best-in-class security. AVG is a world-renowned antivirus software company, based in the Czech Republic. They have been developing security software for more than a quarter-century, since 1991. So its product AVG Internet Security got very high marks for its performance and its best protection. Today the Internet is not as safe as you think. Viruses, worms, and the like are everywhere and they often perform malicious actions such as deleting files, stealing personal data, or using your computer to attack other computers. Even you are on legitimate web sites, your computer can be compromised, and seemingly innocent results in a search engine could lead you to phishing sites. Therefore, you should AVG Internet Security and have it protected all the time.
AVG Internet Security can be used on all major platforms including Windows, Mac OS X and Android. This complete Antivirus comes with plenty of great features. Main features include:
- antivirus module – It gives advanced protection capabilities against virus-like threats.
- firewall – It blocks hacker attacks.
- ransomware protection – It prevents against ransomware-type targeted attacks.
- data safe module – It is dedicated to hiding and encrypting your private files so that your family, friends, or thieves cannot access your most private photos and files.
- webcam protection – It helps protect against illegal webcam viewing by hackers.
- web shield – It scans downloaded files before they reach your computer, giving you complete protection against hacker attacks and hidden malware.
- file shredder – It securely deletes data to help prevent unintended or unauthorized recovery.
- email shield – It blocks dangerous email attachments to prevent you from falling victim to fake emails or friends who may have unknowingly forwarded you malware.
- link scanner– It helps you avoid dangerous websites by scanning clicked links for threats and warning you of anything suspicious. This works for any link on the Internet, including those on Facebook® and Twitter®.
- wi-fi guard– It helps you avoid malicious hotspots used by hackers by warning you when you connect to an unsecure Wi-Fi network.
- toolbar remover– It helps clean up your browser by removing unwanted or potentially dangerous browser toolbars and extensions that may have been installed without your permission.
- anti-Spam– It helps block spam, scams, and malicious phishing emails to keep your inbox cleaner.
- fake website shield – It helps avoid fake websites and prevents browser hijacker.
As for the pricing, AVG Internet Security costs $69.99/year and it accepts payment via credit card, debit card and paypal. AVG Internet Security also offers additional security packages to you during your sign up process. You can choose AVG TuneUp (a tool helps get your computer into shape), AVG Secure VPN (a VPN service that can protect you when you use unsecured internet connections) and AVG Password Protection (a tool that alerts you about security breaches on your accounts, scans for weak & duplicate passwords in Firefox and Chrome, and blocks any other app from accessing them) depending on your need and budgets. The fee is $29.99 for each. To make every customer feel satisfied with this product, AVG Internet Security offers a 30 days free trial. To sum up, AVG Internet Security covers the things you will need to protect your PC: anti-virus, anti-spam, Firewall, email protection, web-browsing protection and identity theft.
Published on July 16, 2018 Deshawn S. Denham